Natural, Big Hair
Teasing, Ratting, Backcombing…Whatever you call it, it adds volume. For African-American hair, the method has long been used to create dreadlocks. Whether you have coarse, thin, fine, black, yellow, brown, or any kind of hair--you can backcomb your hair for volume. By using the following steps, you can create voluminous, natural-looking hair, naturally.
1. Wash your hair with a body-building shampoo like NEXXUS Vita Tress that will add thickness and revitalize thinning hair.
2. Condition your hair, paying special attention to the ends.
3. Use a styling gel or volumizing foam, like TRESEMME Super Mousse that adds volume without weighing hair down. Blow dry your hair, upside down to add volume.
4. Section out your hair, and focus on one section at a time. Using a fine-toothed comb or brush, insert the comb a few inches from the roots, then push the comb, multiple times, towards the roots. Repeat throughout each section of hair.
5. Brush over the top of your hair, smoothing it as you go. Spray your hair with a weightless hairspray.
Enjoy your natural voluminous style for as long as you like. For more volume, backcomb as often as you like, using a dry shampoo to keep your style. Otherwise, wash your hair as usual, condition, and restyle.