Select a Category:
|General Hair Care Tips|
Seasonal Hair Tips|
Curly Hair/Great Curls|
Common African-American Hair Problems|
Black/Ethnic Hair Care|
|Hair survival tips for dry winter weather|
|Many people work hard to keep their skin from drying out during the frigid, winter season. Unfortunately, many people forget that their hair is just as delicate as their skin. Until the cold spell is over, beauty experts remind everyone to give their hair some wintertime TLC.
1. Limit Outdoor Exposure- Winter weather can zap the moisture out of your hair. In order to avoid damage from the harsh, drying weather, it's a good idea to cover your hair, preferably with a silk scarf. Experts recommend that you stay away from fabrics such as wool and fleece.
2. Wash Hair Regularly- Shampoo your hair regularly to remove dirt and oil build-up. Too much oil on your scalp can clog your pores. However, if your hair is dry, beauty experts recommend that you wash your hair less frequently, and use moisturizing shampoos.
3. Take Time to Condition- Whether you use a leave-in conditioner or a deep conditioner, it's important to condition your hair regularly. Choose a conditioner that helps to moisturize and strengthen your hair.
4. Get Rid of Split Ends- Dry, brittle hair is more prone to split ends. Split ends can cause the hair to weaken. Make sure you visit your stylist every six to eight weeks to have your ends trimmed.
5. Practice Healthy Habits- Healthy hair requires minerals and vitamins. Eat plenty of whole grains, beans, fish, chicken, dark leafy vegetables and fruits. It's also important to get adequate rest and manage stress.
6. Limit Heat Appliances- While curling irons and blow dryers style your hair easily, experts remind everyone that heat can damage hair. If you can dry your hair naturally, do so. If you must use a hair dryer, instead of drying your hair with hot air, use a cooler setting. Hairstyles that don't require daily use of thermal products are also good.
7. Comb Hair Gently- When you're combing out tangles, start from the ends of your hair and work your way up in order to minimize breakage. Using a wide toothed comb or pick also helps.
8. Add Moisture- Don't forget to add light oil to your hair as part of your daily maintenance. Products that don't contain petroleum or mineral oils are preferred.
|For Hair survival tips for dry winter weather we recommend these products:|
||HAYASHI 911 Emergency Repair Kit
HAYASHI 911 Emergency Repair Kit Includes:
(1) HAYASHI System 911 Shampoo Emergency Repair for Dry Damaged Hair 32.5 oz
(1) HAYASHI System 911 Emergency Pak Reconstructor for Damaged Hair 32.5 oz
(1) HAYASHI System 911 Protein Mist Leave-in Conditioner Detangler Body Builder 8.4 oz
Your Price: $92.40